Ana Caravelle "Where Have You Been? (Anenon Drone Mix)"
Back in August, XLR8R debuted a remix of Los Angeles-based composer Ana Caravelle by Brooklyn beatmaker Shigeto, in support of Caravelle’s debut album for Non Projects, Basic Climb. During the months that have followed, there has been a growing interest in re-working Caravelle’s idiosyncratic harp music, prompting the label to release Basic Climb: Re-Imagined, featuring remix work from folks like Dntel, Take, and yuk. This version of Caravelle’s “Where Have You Been?” is from Non Projects founder Brian Simon (a.k.a. Anenon). With drums lifted out of a boozy late-night conga session, and what could be Caravelle’s harp chopped into a thousand tinseled pieces, Anenon’s fully realized remix jumps another level about three quarters of the way through when a lilting, chant-like sample of Chavelle’s voice takes the song to church. Basic Climb: Re-Imagined will be released on March 1.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player