Ana Caravelle "Where Have You Been? (Anenon Drone Mix)"
Back in August, XLR8R debuted a remix of Los Angeles-based composer Ana Caravelle by Brooklyn beatmaker Shigeto, in support of Caravelle’s debut album for Non Projects, Basic Climb. During the months that have followed, there has been a growing interest in re-working Caravelle’s idiosyncratic harp music, prompting the label to release Basic Climb: Re-Imagined, featuring remix work from folks like Dntel, Take, and yuk. This version of Caravelle’s “Where Have You Been?” is from Non Projects founder Brian Simon (a.k.a. Anenon). With drums lifted out of a boozy late-night conga session, and what could be Caravelle’s harp chopped into a thousand tinseled pieces, Anenon’s fully realized remix jumps another level about three quarters of the way through when a lilting, chant-like sample of Chavelle’s voice takes the song to church. Basic Climb: Re-Imagined will be released on March 1.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player