Consor "The Windtalker (Asura's Fur Ana Mix)"
From the forthcoming The Windtalker EP (pictured above) by Swiss-French artist Consor, we have this remix of the title track by LA beatmaker and Non Projects acolyte Asura. Seeing as how both producers have distinct interests in organic sources and texturally dense music, bringing together their individual takes on those sounds for "The Windtalker (Asura's Fur Ana Mix)" is basically a no-brainer. Asura dips the whole song into a warm bath of synth pads, hushed vocal melodies, and overwhelming spatial atmospheres and injects the once-beatless tune with a clattering, rhythmic pulse—effectively giving Consor's original track a serene-yet-driving vibe, the likes of which we haven't heard much of since Aphex Twin's ambient days. Make sure to keep an eye out for the rest of the eight-song release when it drops on March 7.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player