Ajello "Chocolate Black Leather (Brennan Green Remix Instrumental)"
New York's Brennan Green (pictured above) delivers this delicious eight-minute journey through the land of acid disco on the instrumental version of his remix for the Italian duo Ajello's new single, "Chocolate Black Leather." Although the original version of Green's remix features the vocal stylings of disco queen Hard Ton, this instrumental version only proves the more impressive as it allows us to fully focus on Green's tasty synth work. With a pulsing 303 line driving the track, he unleashes a seemingly endless supply of spacey, vintage synth tones that gradually multiply as they float and sizzle in various reverbs and delays. Make sure to stick this one out to the end as the seasoned producer saves the catchiest line for last, dropping an incredibly melodic lazer arp for a few sweet bars before breaking the track down to its final moments.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player