Pixelord "Equis (Part 2)"
With a new EP slated for release on Seattle's Car Crash Set imprint, Moscow's Pixelord has offered up this non-EP track to give us a taste of what we can expect from the forthcoming release. "Equis (Part 2)" is a jagged beat of sorts with an ever-so-slightly swung boom-bap rhythm chugging below a set of constantly building, dramatic pads and chopped and pitched Stevie Wonder vocal samples. If this track is any indication, then Pixelord's new EP, Puzzles, may find the Russian producer paring down the 8-bit elements often associated with his production, not removing them entirely but rather employing them more sparingly (as in the bubbling bleeps and bloops of this track) to give way to more serious-sounding elements. We'll have to see what the Russian producer has in store for us when Puzzles drops on April 29.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player