Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs "How Far (2 Bears Remix)"
"How Far" is probably the least cutesy number in Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs' (pictured above) often precious-sounding repertoire of club tunes, and still, 2 Bears is able to make it even more serious while maintaining the duo's penchant for dancefloor playfulness. Producers Raf Rundell and Joe Goddard (of Hot Chip) introduce us to their remix with a half-time beat and warbling electronics in the background, telling us with an ominous voice that they're taking us "way back, back into time where the totally enormous extinct dinosaurs ruled the earth." Apparently, back in the Jurassic Period, basslines were gigantic, synth tones were smooth and deep, and breakbeats walked the land, as that's precisely what 2 Bears' time-traveling track offers in spades during its six minutes. Kudos for the "Tyranosaurus Rex" drop, too.
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- NewsWatch a New Video for Fatima's "Rest in Peace"
- MP3Remote "Alcyone (Matt Walsh Remix)"
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player