Guy Andrews "Klikkr"
- Words: Patric Fallon
With only a couple (excellent) tunes to his name, Guy Andrews, a newcomer to Brighton's ever-expanding bass music scene, is already off to a solid start, as far as we can tell. Like on the subtly worked-up "Klikkr," it's more than apparent the, uh, guy knows exactly how to craft a perfect percussion loop, rolling sub-bassline, pattering dance rhythm, and bare-bones melody. The kind of sonic restraint and loving precision that Andrews exhibits in his work thus far seems to belie his newbie status, and effectively excites us for whatever upcoming tunes he'll be sharing next.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player