Guy Andrews "Klikkr"
- Words: Patric Fallon
With only a couple (excellent) tunes to his name, Guy Andrews, a newcomer to Brighton's ever-expanding bass music scene, is already off to a solid start, as far as we can tell. Like on the subtly worked-up "Klikkr," it's more than apparent the, uh, guy knows exactly how to craft a perfect percussion loop, rolling sub-bassline, pattering dance rhythm, and bare-bones melody. The kind of sonic restraint and loving precision that Andrews exhibits in his work thus far seems to belie his newbie status, and effectively excites us for whatever upcoming tunes he'll be sharing next.
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Aphex Twin, Jamie xx, Todd Terje, and More
- Feature20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- NewsPaul Johnson, Jerome LOL, Untold, The Gaslamp Killer, and More Added to Together 2014
- PodcastFrankie Knuckles
- PodcastThe Range
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
- Hi-Five - DJ Q Reminisces About His Five Favorite UK Garage Bootlegs
XLR8R Downloads Player