Guy Andrews "Klikkr"
- Words: Patric Fallon
With only a couple (excellent) tunes to his name, Guy Andrews, a newcomer to Brighton's ever-expanding bass music scene, is already off to a solid start, as far as we can tell. Like on the subtly worked-up "Klikkr," it's more than apparent the, uh, guy knows exactly how to craft a perfect percussion loop, rolling sub-bassline, pattering dance rhythm, and bare-bones melody. The kind of sonic restraint and loving precision that Andrews exhibits in his work thus far seems to belie his newbie status, and effectively excites us for whatever upcoming tunes he'll be sharing next.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player