SFV Acid "New West Coast: …"
So Cal native SFV Acid will soon release a new six-song 12" record on LA's Post Present Medium label, which is closed out by this solid bit of funky, lo-fi electronics. "New West Coast: …" finds producer Zane Reynolds toying with old-school electro beats and proto-G-funk melodies that coalesce into a sound one might expect to hear bumping out of a tricked-out lowrider spaceship. But when the intensity is kicked up a notch, one can catch influences from an array of the IDM heroes in the Rephlex discography—including DMX Krew, Cylob, and The Tuss—who may as well be classified as alien gangstas themselves. SFV Acid seems to be in good company, to say the least, so consider us interested in what the rest of what his New West Coast record has to offer when it drops on March 29. (via Altered Zones)
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
XLR8R Downloads Player