Teeel "Ojai Valley (Jensen Sportag Remix)"
Cascine and Moodgadget have masterminded a remix trade between the synth-poppin' Trenton, NJ resident Teeel and Nashville's future-funk duo Jensen Sportag (artwork above). We've gotten our hands on the latter's contribution for the project, on which Jensen Sportag has managed to take the '80s pop throwback feel of the original "Ojai Valley" a little further back to the golden days of Quincy Jones production and the funkier outings of Herbie Hancock. Seamlessly bringing the retro-electro vibe into a modern, dancefloor-ready sound, the remix is lead by a shameless slap bass that glides underneath an onslaught of tasty, percolating synth lines, popping and spinning from left to right as Teeel's vocal soars in and out of earshot. Teeel's contribution to the remix trade, a blissful reworking of Sportag's "Everything Good" (the original of which we posted back in January) can be found over at the project's Soundcloud.
- NewsCheck Out a Playlist of the Top 100 Paradise Garage Tracks
- NewsCheck Out an 18-Mintue Remix from Ricardo Villalobos and Max Loderbauer
- NewsStream a New Modeselektor Track from the Forthcoming 'Bleep:10' Compilation
- GearWatch Addison Groove Give an Extensive Tour of His Studio
- NewsTOBACCO Shares New "Extremely NSFW" Video
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player