Touchphonics "Ragga Style (feat. The Ragga Twins) (128 Mix)"
Here we've got a bit of a different step from the usual fare over at San Francisco's Elevated Press imprint, which usually focuses more on drum & bass and hip-hop. SF-based producer Touchphonics slows this track down to a steady 128 BPM, utilizing an army of percussive elements, including some colossal kicks and snares, to pound out a steady UK funky-esque pattern. Rhythm is definitely the focus of this track, as the only signs of melody can be found in the gurgling synth warbles and occasional shouted vocals of the Ragga Twins. Not that it's a bad thing; rhythm is also "Ragga Styles" strong point too, as the unrelenting clattering of hand percussion and giant drums are impossible to escape, as if you would even want to. "Ragga Styles (128 Mix)" can be found with its original counterpart on the forthcoming "Ragga Styles" 12" (artwork above) slated for release on March 29.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- NewsFriends of Friends Details Fifth Anniversary Comp Featuring Shlohmo, Shigeto, Machinedrum, Nicolas Jaar, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player