How to Dress Well "Ready For the World (xxxy Re-Edit)"
Don't bother checking your calendars; though it may seem like it based upon today's download section, March 2 is not How to Dress Well Day. But maybe it should be. It could be safely said that just about everything artist Thomas Krell attaches his solo moniker to is of the highest caliber of soul-driven, visceral sound quality. Between his R. Kelly cover, his "seance" with Matthew Dear, and this edit of his lovely "Ready For the World" cut by UK bass producer xxxy (pictured above), HTDW gets full stars across the board. Though the editing producer is fully responsible for transforming the lo-fi R&B gem into a deep, club-appropriate tune, it sounds almost like xxxy is simply beefing up the number with stronger kicks and thicker bass tones—filling up the gaps that Krell intentionally left empty. xxxy is basically extracting the soundsystem banger that lays repressed in "Ready For the World"'s murky essence. And seeing as how this edit is taken from a forthcoming remix EP courtesy of Tri Angle, let's hope there's more of this where it came from.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player