How to Dress Well "Ready For the World (xxxy Re-Edit)"
Don't bother checking your calendars; though it may seem like it based upon today's download section, March 2 is not How to Dress Well Day. But maybe it should be. It could be safely said that just about everything artist Thomas Krell attaches his solo moniker to is of the highest caliber of soul-driven, visceral sound quality. Between his R. Kelly cover, his "seance" with Matthew Dear, and this edit of his lovely "Ready For the World" cut by UK bass producer xxxy (pictured above), HTDW gets full stars across the board. Though the editing producer is fully responsible for transforming the lo-fi R&B gem into a deep, club-appropriate tune, it sounds almost like xxxy is simply beefing up the number with stronger kicks and thicker bass tones—filling up the gaps that Krell intentionally left empty. xxxy is basically extracting the soundsystem banger that lays repressed in "Ready For the World"'s murky essence. And seeing as how this edit is taken from a forthcoming remix EP courtesy of Tri Angle, let's hope there's more of this where it came from.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player