Jason Burns "Back 2 You"
- Words: Patric Fallon
DJ/producer Jason Burns comes from Cleveland, Ohio, a place best known for its sports teams and shrines to rock 'n' roll, so you could understand that we were slightly taken aback when the he dropped this heart-wrenchingly soulful, UK-centric bass tune in our inbox the other day. Called "Back 2 You," the unreleased production corrals all the hallmarks of a contemporary dancefloor heater—R&B vocal samples, deep sub-bass tones, sparkling synth hooks, and skittering club rhythms—slowing them down into a syrupy 2-stepper that'll make you want to slow dance with whoever is standing closest (maybe even grind on 'em a bit, depending). The more we listen to Burns' work, the more it reminds us of low-end- and R&B-lovers like Brenmar and Kingdom, albeit with a heavier dash of proper dubstep soundscapes. Look for more of these jams from the Midwestern tunesmith when his first record drops via Sam Supa's Brap Dem! label later this year.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- NewsWarp Confirms Details of Upcoming Aphex Twin LP, Reveals Release Date
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player