Tom Trago "Being With You"
Nearly two months after we discovered that Amsterdam-based DJ/producer Tom Trago would release his first proper full-length album, Iris, on April 12 (you know, today), we finally get to hear one of that record's 15 highly anticipated, disco-indebted tunes. "Being With You" is the second track on Trago's debut LP, and shows the artist already knee deep in bouncing, uptempo beats, a whole lot of funky synth work, and some sultry, vocal-sample soul. During its three and a half minutes, the production effortlessly slides back and forth between deep moods driven by analog synth pads and understated string melodies, and tasteful dancefloor grooves highlighted with touches of sparkling ambiance. It's certainly a great first taste of an album that took over 10 years to arrive, to say the least.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player