Sleep ∞ Over "Casual Diamond (Laurel Halo Remix)"
Tomorrow, the Austin-based dark-pop solo project of one Stefanie Franciotti, Sleep ∞ Over, will release a two-song 7" (pictured above) via LA's Hippos in Tanks label in preparation for its full-length LP, which is scheduled to drop this summer. The record features her "Casual Diamond" song on one side, and on the flip, this remix of the tune by Brooklyn's own gothy chanteuse, Laurel Halo. Her version of the track eschews the original's brooding '80s-pop aesthetic—reformatting it into something closer resembling an early industrial or proto-techno jam you might have heard back then. But it's not all churning rhythms and cyclical basslines on Halo's remix; translucent synthscapes and heavenly vocal clips wash over the production, keeping with the kind of ghostly moods that help make Franciotti's music so enjoyable.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player