Sleep ∞ Over "Casual Diamond (Laurel Halo Remix)"
Tomorrow, the Austin-based dark-pop solo project of one Stefanie Franciotti, Sleep ∞ Over, will release a two-song 7" (pictured above) via LA's Hippos in Tanks label in preparation for its full-length LP, which is scheduled to drop this summer. The record features her "Casual Diamond" song on one side, and on the flip, this remix of the tune by Brooklyn's own gothy chanteuse, Laurel Halo. Her version of the track eschews the original's brooding '80s-pop aesthetic—reformatting it into something closer resembling an early industrial or proto-techno jam you might have heard back then. But it's not all churning rhythms and cyclical basslines on Halo's remix; translucent synthscapes and heavenly vocal clips wash over the production, keeping with the kind of ghostly moods that help make Franciotti's music so enjoyable.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- NewsXosar Preps New EP for Valcrond Video
- NewsLivity Sound Preps Remix Compilation Featuring Surgeon, Pangaea, and More
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player