Sleep ∞ Over "Casual Diamond (Laurel Halo Remix)"
Tomorrow, the Austin-based dark-pop solo project of one Stefanie Franciotti, Sleep ∞ Over, will release a two-song 7" (pictured above) via LA's Hippos in Tanks label in preparation for its full-length LP, which is scheduled to drop this summer. The record features her "Casual Diamond" song on one side, and on the flip, this remix of the tune by Brooklyn's own gothy chanteuse, Laurel Halo. Her version of the track eschews the original's brooding '80s-pop aesthetic—reformatting it into something closer resembling an early industrial or proto-techno jam you might have heard back then. But it's not all churning rhythms and cyclical basslines on Halo's remix; translucent synthscapes and heavenly vocal clips wash over the production, keeping with the kind of ghostly moods that help make Franciotti's music so enjoyable.
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player