Voltron "Don't Stop"
From Ghent, the production trio known as Voltron just might be on its way towards completely taking over the world's dancefloors. In addition to the club-lovin' outfit's own hyped-up tunes, these three Belgians are also the masterminds behind the up-and-coming Silverback imprint, which releases similar bass-dedicated jams from the likes of UK tunesmith Damu and LA-based duo Nguzunguzu. "Don't Stop" comes from Voltron's just-released Freshmen EP (pictured above), and finds the three-piece kicking off its release in deep, soulful fashion. Straightforward house rhythms, rubbery synth hooks, tweaked vocal snippets, and a focus on all things tastefully uptempo rule this production, which is paired with remixes from XXXY, J. Dixon, Nguzunguzu, and more on the release's tracklist. You can hear all of those tunes, along with a few handpicked extras, on Voltron's brand-new Freshmen Mix, below.
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- NewsListen to a New Mix from Lucrecia Dalt
XLR8R Downloads Player