Ford & Lopatin "Emergency Room (Gavin Russom Remix)"
With their forthcoming debut LP, Channel Pressure, Ford and Lopatin will be expanding their scope as purveyors of sample-heavy '80s nostalgia, an effort that began with last year's That People Play EP (released under the duo's now-discarded Games moniker). Ahead of the album's June 7 release date, the Brooklyn outfit will be dropping a limited-edition 12" of first single "Emergency Room," with remixes by Gavin Russom and The Bug. Placing his signature proggy stamp on the synthesized funk of the original, Russom teases the track out an extra four minutes with a simmering acid line and arpeggiations that wouldn't sound out of place on his Crystal Ark project. Combine that with a heap of toms in the low end and glistening synthesized cicada noises and you have a good recipe for a 5am anthem. The "Emergency Room" 12" is available digitally now, and those who want to get their hands on one of the rare slabs on vinyl can order a copy here. In the meantime, do check out the vinyl artwork, which is posted after the jump.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player