Pulseprogramming "First They Fire"
Marc Hellner's Pulseprogramming project has a new LP on the way next month, and "First They Fire" is the initial offering to surface from the forthcoming release. Starting off with about as carefree an electro drumbeat as one could imagine, the track moves steadily into wispy, shoegazey electro-pop territory with a host of washy guitars and low, steady bass providing the bed for Hellner's nonchalant synth lines and Chanel Pease's serenely delivered vocals. As the tune calmly drifts through the tranquil space of its own creation, one could easily miss the mumbled details of the unusual (although metaphorical we're sure) chorus lyrics, "I'm on fire/ I'm on fire." Not quite the subject material we were expecting, but we're not going to let that stop us from happily clapping along. Pulseprogramming's forthcoming album, Charade is Gold (artwork above), is set to be released on May 3.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- Feature20 Questions - Garnier Talks Teenage Radio Shows, Living in the South of France, and Paying Way Too Much for The KLF
- NewsSBTRKT Announces 'Transitions' 12" Series; Stream All Six Tracks Now
- GearAllen & Heath Introduces Xone:23C DJ Mixer
- 20 Questions - Garnier Talks Teenage Radio Shows, Living in the South of France, and Paying Way Too Much for The KLF
- Hi-Five - P. Morris Revisits His Roots and Lists His Five Favorite Go-Go Tracks
- A Generous Environment: Thoughts, Ideas, and Questions from patten
- Hi-Five - Kerri Chandler Lists the Five Tracks That Influenced Him the Most
XLR8R Downloads Player