SECT feat. Ben Westbeech "In the Park"
Fresh from Wolf + Lamb and Soul Clap's recently released collaborative contribution to the renowned DJ Kicks series (artwork above), we have this track from Boston supergroup SECT, a collaboration between Soul Clap, Sergio Santos, and Tanner Ross. As it happens, the tune also features the vocals of burgeoning UK producer/vocalist (and recent XLR8R podcast contributor) Ben Westbeech. Mechanical percussion scrapes and rattles amongst a giant, sparse bassline and gorgeous pads as Westbeech provides a self-harmonizing chorus of voices which poetically describe an evening in the park. As the song progresses, it gently glides forward, sprinkled with moments taken by a lonesome woodwind, flowing gracefully around the track's machine-made elements before returning to SECT's vast production. "In the Park" is definitely not a burner, and it's better for it, as the song proves to be a powerful example of the moving possibilities that lie in subtle, intricately made house music.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
XLR8R Downloads Player