SECT feat. Ben Westbeech "In the Park"
Fresh from Wolf + Lamb and Soul Clap's recently released collaborative contribution to the renowned DJ Kicks series (artwork above), we have this track from Boston supergroup SECT, a collaboration between Soul Clap, Sergio Santos, and Tanner Ross. As it happens, the tune also features the vocals of burgeoning UK producer/vocalist (and recent XLR8R podcast contributor) Ben Westbeech. Mechanical percussion scrapes and rattles amongst a giant, sparse bassline and gorgeous pads as Westbeech provides a self-harmonizing chorus of voices which poetically describe an evening in the park. As the song progresses, it gently glides forward, sprinkled with moments taken by a lonesome woodwind, flowing gracefully around the track's machine-made elements before returning to SECT's vast production. "In the Park" is definitely not a burner, and it's better for it, as the song proves to be a powerful example of the moving possibilities that lie in subtle, intricately made house music.
- NewsCheck Out a Playlist of the Top 100 Paradise Garage Tracks
- NewsStream a New Modeselektor Track from the Forthcoming 'Bleep:10' Compilation
- GearWatch Addison Groove Give an Extensive Tour of His Studio
- NewsCheck Out an 18-Mintue Remix from Ricardo Villalobos and Max Loderbauer
- NewsTOBACCO Shares New "Extremely NSFW" Video
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player