Mountains "Thousand Square"
The long-standing duo of Brendon Anderegg and Koen Holtkamp, collectively known as Mountains, has a new LP, Air Museum (artwork above), on its way and has passed along this track as a preview of the forthcoming full-length. "Thousand Square" finds the duo exploring the familiar territory of sparkling ambiance with a host of intricate synth tones and manipulated field recordings. Beginning simply with a pulsating note, the pair carefully introduces new elements that serve to expand the track's humble beginnings into ever-growing sonic depths. Where less-seasoned creators of meandering soundscapes might overload the listener, Anderegg and Holtkamp seem to be able to delicately pile sound source upon sound source without disturbing the calming balance a track like "Thousand Square" evokes in its listeners. Surely Mountains will have many more similarly enriched aural landscapes for us to explore when Air Museum is released May 10.
- NewsStream Submerse's Upcoming Debut Full-Length, 'Slow Waves'
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out Another Track from Rustie's Upcoming LP for Warp
- MP3Juan Ramos "The Mariner"
- NewsRicardo Villalobos Readies 'Voodog' 12"; Preview It Now
XLR8R Downloads Player