Crewdson is a fresh UK producer soon to be inducted into the Hall of Precious Electronic Sounds, particularly following the release of his debut LP, Gravity. Our first glimpse of that inaugural offering is the flitting found-sound collage of "Cascade," a song which rushes quickly into your ears (much as its name implies), then swims and swirls around for six and a half minutes before trickling back out. Many comparisons could be made to fellow members of the Hall of Precious Electronic Sounds—names like Four Tet, Gold Panda, and Lali Puna spring to mind—, and they'd be apt; but if the flurry of miniature field recordings, the sounds of crunchy percussion, and the lilting melodies are any indication of the Crewdson's Gravity album, we expect some refreshing and original ideas, too. Look for it on June 20.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player