Jhene Aiko "Club Stranger (Nguzunguzu Remix)"
Just the other day, LA world-bass duo Nguzunguzu (pictured above) posted this remix of R&B chauntuese Jhene Aiko's "Club Stranger" on its kinda-outta-control blog, Shade Business, and we couldn't help but share it with you. The ubiquitous use of reverb and delay on Aiko's sultry acapella quickly reminds us of a few of the deeply emotive tracks by folks like The Weeknd or How to Dress Well, though the frenetic drum programming and thick bass tones are purely the DJ/production outfit's own. As "Club Stranger (Nguzunguzu Remix)" clearly illustrates, Nuguzunguzu's curatorial tastes are always on point when it comes to sample sources, but it's the pair's knack for oddly singular dancefloor rhythms that puts them in a much more unique sound realm.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- Feature20 Questions - Garnier Talks Teenage Radio Shows, Living in the South of France, and Paying Way Too Much for The KLF
- NewsSBTRKT Announces 'Transitions' 12" Series; Stream All Six Tracks Now
- NewsRegis and Silent Servant Ready New EP as Sandra Electronics
- 20 Questions - Garnier Talks Teenage Radio Shows, Living in the South of France, and Paying Way Too Much for The KLF
- Hi-Five - P. Morris Revisits His Roots and Lists His Five Favorite Go-Go Tracks
- A Generous Environment: Thoughts, Ideas, and Questions from patten
- Hi-Five - Kerri Chandler Lists the Five Tracks That Influenced Him the Most
XLR8R Downloads Player