Jhene Aiko "Club Stranger (Nguzunguzu Remix)"
Just the other day, LA world-bass duo Nguzunguzu (pictured above) posted this remix of R&B chauntuese Jhene Aiko's "Club Stranger" on its kinda-outta-control blog, Shade Business, and we couldn't help but share it with you. The ubiquitous use of reverb and delay on Aiko's sultry acapella quickly reminds us of a few of the deeply emotive tracks by folks like The Weeknd or How to Dress Well, though the frenetic drum programming and thick bass tones are purely the DJ/production outfit's own. As "Club Stranger (Nguzunguzu Remix)" clearly illustrates, Nuguzunguzu's curatorial tastes are always on point when it comes to sample sources, but it's the pair's knack for oddly singular dancefloor rhythms that puts them in a much more unique sound realm.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player