Jhene Aiko "Club Stranger (Nguzunguzu Remix)"
Just the other day, LA world-bass duo Nguzunguzu (pictured above) posted this remix of R&B chauntuese Jhene Aiko's "Club Stranger" on its kinda-outta-control blog, Shade Business, and we couldn't help but share it with you. The ubiquitous use of reverb and delay on Aiko's sultry acapella quickly reminds us of a few of the deeply emotive tracks by folks like The Weeknd or How to Dress Well, though the frenetic drum programming and thick bass tones are purely the DJ/production outfit's own. As "Club Stranger (Nguzunguzu Remix)" clearly illustrates, Nuguzunguzu's curatorial tastes are always on point when it comes to sample sources, but it's the pair's knack for oddly singular dancefloor rhythms that puts them in a much more unique sound realm.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- MP3Astronomar "Gargoile (Massacooramaan Remix)"
- MP3Shiva "Dark Moon"
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player