Jhene Aiko "Club Stranger (Nguzunguzu Remix)"
Just the other day, LA world-bass duo Nguzunguzu (pictured above) posted this remix of R&B chauntuese Jhene Aiko's "Club Stranger" on its kinda-outta-control blog, Shade Business, and we couldn't help but share it with you. The ubiquitous use of reverb and delay on Aiko's sultry acapella quickly reminds us of a few of the deeply emotive tracks by folks like The Weeknd or How to Dress Well, though the frenetic drum programming and thick bass tones are purely the DJ/production outfit's own. As "Club Stranger (Nguzunguzu Remix)" clearly illustrates, Nuguzunguzu's curatorial tastes are always on point when it comes to sample sources, but it's the pair's knack for oddly singular dancefloor rhythms that puts them in a much more unique sound realm.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player