High Powered Boys "Crash"
As the freshly minted Marble imprint continues to steamroll through 2011, the world was recently treated to its third release, a two-track single by Surkin and Bobmo (a.k.a. High Powered Boys). The club-lovin' production duo stuffed this 12" with the high-octane jams "Girly" and "Crash," and was also kind-hearted enough to let you have that b-side free of charge. This big tune comes on strong from the get-go with hyped-up vocal samples, bubbling sound effects, and spacey synth melodies, and wastes no time taking things to the next level. A stuttered, punchy beat and a head-rattling bassline announce the drop, but we soon find that Surkin and Bobmo have only just begun. You can get more info and listen to the flip side of High Powered Boys' new single here.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player