Divine Interface "Folklore"
Atlanta-based Drew Briggs (a.k.a. Divine Interface) is getting set to release his first EP, Color Ways, on June 13. "Folklore" is one of the EP's five offerings, and it's a slow, bouncy, house tune driven by a haunting, reverberated vocal. The song twists and turns as the beat drops into half-time while the vocal delays pan and swirl, making room for the found-sound percussion to pull the song through. We're hoping that the rest of this bass-fueled EP similarly showcases Briggs ability to manipulate samples, noise, and space.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player