Grimes "Fragments of the Future"
Our burgeoning love affair with Montreal's Grimes continues to grow exponentially with this freshly unveiled, previously unheard track from the talented singer/producer. The shape-shifting dream-pop number premiered just yesterday as the opener of her mix for Altered Zones, which appropriately kicks things off with an ethereally ominous tone. Massive bass frequencies throb underneath airy harp plucks, shimmering piano melodies, and translucent vocal hooks on Grimes' "Fragments of the Future"—creating an unlikely palette of sound that's oddly infectious. Look for more of that kind of music on the artist's split release with fellow Canadian pop experimentalist d'Eon, Darkbloom, which you can check out here.
- Feature20 Questions - Garnier Talks Teenage Radio Shows, Living in the South of France, and Paying Way Too Much for The KLF
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- NewsCheck Out Voices from the Lake's Ambient Mix for Beats in Space
- 20 Questions - Garnier Talks Teenage Radio Shows, Living in the South of France, and Paying Way Too Much for The KLF
- Hi-Five - P. Morris Revisits His Roots and Lists His Five Favorite Go-Go Tracks
- A Generous Environment: Thoughts, Ideas, and Questions from patten
- Hi-Five - Kerri Chandler Lists the Five Tracks That Influenced Him the Most
XLR8R Downloads Player