Grimes "Fragments of the Future"
Our burgeoning love affair with Montreal's Grimes continues to grow exponentially with this freshly unveiled, previously unheard track from the talented singer/producer. The shape-shifting dream-pop number premiered just yesterday as the opener of her mix for Altered Zones, which appropriately kicks things off with an ethereally ominous tone. Massive bass frequencies throb underneath airy harp plucks, shimmering piano melodies, and translucent vocal hooks on Grimes' "Fragments of the Future"—creating an unlikely palette of sound that's oddly infectious. Look for more of that kind of music on the artist's split release with fellow Canadian pop experimentalist d'Eon, Darkbloom, which you can check out here.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player