The increasingly prolific UK producer known as Sigha will soon be able to say he's released two EPs on two labels in under a month. After dropping The Politics of Dying on May 23 via his own Our Circula Sound imprint, the artist will release a four-track record on Paul "Scuba" Rose's Hotflush Recordings, the aptly titled Sigha EP. "HF029A1" is the first of those mechanically titled original tunes, all of which feature a brand of bass-informed techno that is equally cold and precise. Maybe cold isn't the right word—the churning rhythms and rumbling electronics of Sigha's production are strangely warm and full-bodied, but there's no denying it all sounds like some kind of well-oiled machine twisting and turning its gears in order to make you dance. You can check out the artwork and tracklists for both of Sigha's new releases after the jump.
A1. The Politics Of Dying
A2. Over The Edge (Shifted Remix)
A3. The Politics Of Dying (James Ruskin Remix)
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsThe Great American Techno Festival Announces Dates and Initial Line-Up
- FeatureXLR8R's Top 20 Downloads of July
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with FaltyDL, Dekmantel, Randomer, and More
- NewsR&S Readies Debut Outing from Alma Construct, Streams Lead Track
- XLR8R's Top 20 Downloads of July
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
XLR8R Downloads Player