13 & God "Its Own Sun (Antonionian Version)"
Just over a week before 13 & God's sophomore album, Own Your Ghost, (the first since its 2005 self-titled debut) hits the streets, labelmate Antonionian (a.k.a. long time Anticon-associated producer and collaborator Jordan Dalrymple, pictured above) has remixed a track from the forthcoming record. Dalrymple chooses to push the original vocals far to the background, even going so far as to entirely remove the verses from "Its Own Sun" and instead focusing on a tiny, hyperactive beat that jumps and skids as if it's completely ignoring the giant soothing cords that float just behind it. As one can imagine, melody reigns in this version of the tune, bouncing between arpeggiated guitar chords, glistening synths, and a muffled piano before being enveloped by a choir of voices that softly exhale the song's simple, luring progression. Own Your Ghost is set to be released May 17.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player