The Miracles Club "Light of Love (Cut Copy Re-Vision)"
From a forthcoming remix record for the slow-burning "Light of Love" by Portland vintage-house ensemble The Miracles Club, which will drop next week via Cut Copy's own Cutters imprint, this fresh version of the 2010 jam was crafted by the aforementioned Australian dance-pop band as the release's opening track. The first three quarters of "Light of Love (Cut Copy Re-Vision)" sounds more or less like a pumped up version of the original track, but once the dense, shimmering wash of synth melodies starts to dissipate towards the end, you can make out the subtle percussion rhythms and basslines that Cut Copy added into its mix. Even still, the whole remix remains equally reminiscent of each outfit's classically inspired approach to buoyant dance music. You can check out more info on the forthcoming 12" over on the Cutters website, here. (via Pitchfork)
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player