The Miracles Club "Light of Love (Cut Copy Re-Vision)"
From a forthcoming remix record for the slow-burning "Light of Love" by Portland vintage-house ensemble The Miracles Club, which will drop next week via Cut Copy's own Cutters imprint, this fresh version of the 2010 jam was crafted by the aforementioned Australian dance-pop band as the release's opening track. The first three quarters of "Light of Love (Cut Copy Re-Vision)" sounds more or less like a pumped up version of the original track, but once the dense, shimmering wash of synth melodies starts to dissipate towards the end, you can make out the subtle percussion rhythms and basslines that Cut Copy added into its mix. Even still, the whole remix remains equally reminiscent of each outfit's classically inspired approach to buoyant dance music. You can check out more info on the forthcoming 12" over on the Cutters website, here. (via Pitchfork)
- GearArtist Tips: Mister Saturday Night on the Importance of Building a Proper DJ Booth
- NewsWatch Ben UFO's RBMA Lecture
- NewsStream Keysound's Upcoming 'Certified Connections' Compilation
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Maya Jane Coles, Joy Orbison, Mister Saturday Night, and More
- FeatureGet Familiar: thePeople
XLR8R Downloads Player