Buck UK "Once"
Great things keep coming from Cut, the Edinburgh-based, digital imprint of DFRNT's Echodub label. Earlier this month we tipped you to Essáy's excellent "Love & Air." Now the label is back with Once, a brand-new, free EP from multifaceted Connecticut-by-way-of-Manchester producer Buck UK. Taking a similar tack as "Love & Air," "Once" is an exercise in deep, immersive atmospherics. Evoking a drenched cityscape at night, "Once" explores an urban psychogeography through the swirling reverb of a wet Fender Rhodes and the distant blurring of familiar voices. The Once EP is out now, you can download the a-side title track below but for the full EP—with Essáy remix—head over to Cut's website.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player