Buck UK "Once"
Great things keep coming from Cut, the Edinburgh-based, digital imprint of DFRNT's Echodub label. Earlier this month we tipped you to Essáy's excellent "Love & Air." Now the label is back with Once, a brand-new, free EP from multifaceted Connecticut-by-way-of-Manchester producer Buck UK. Taking a similar tack as "Love & Air," "Once" is an exercise in deep, immersive atmospherics. Evoking a drenched cityscape at night, "Once" explores an urban psychogeography through the swirling reverb of a wet Fender Rhodes and the distant blurring of familiar voices. The Once EP is out now, you can download the a-side title track below but for the full EP—with Essáy remix—head over to Cut's website.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player