Although the All City imprint first caught our attention with its impressive series of 10" releases highlighting the varied talents of the Los Angeles music scene, the Irish label has proven itself to be a reputable home for all kinds of high-quality bass music. Past releases have included offerings for Martyn, Mike Slott, Hudson Mohwake, Onra, Krystal Klear, and others, and now UK producer Tessela is set to join the fray. Taken from a forthcoming three-song 12" (artwork pictured above) scheduled to drop in June, "Push" is propulsive cut punctuated by snapping snares, subby synths, some carefully placed vocal snippets, and a thunderous bassline. This West Country beatmaker might be a relative newcomer, but his work already appears to be on par with that of his All City cohorts.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player