Lucky Paul "Thought We Were Alone (Gang Colours Remix)"
The fledgling somethinksounds imprint is already on a bit of a roll this year, unveiling choice records from talented newcomers like London's Tommy Tempa and Berlin-based producer Lucky Paul. The latter of those two has yet to drop his EP, a seven-track affair called The Slow Ground that boasts four original tunes and three excellent remixes on the flip from label mate Eliphino, G$ vs. Gold (the brand-new collaborative outfit made up of Wolf + Lamb's Gadiz Mizrahi and Eli Gold of Soul Clap, who mark this remix as their world debut), and featured here, bubblin' UK tunesmith Gang Colours. For his version of "Thought We Were Alone," the young English artist pitches down its soulful vocal samples, tightens up its ramshackle rhythms, and smooths out its many fractured synth tones into a sleek wash of melody—making for another fine example of Gang Colours' exciting brand of bass music. The effervescent production seems to whiz past your ears in no time, which is perfect for diving into the rest of the jams that Lucky Paul's EP will offer when it's released on June 13.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsMachinedrum Readies New Album for Ninja Tune
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player