Another artist in Bristol's fine crop of bass wranglers is producer Sebastian Gainsbrough (a.k.a. Vessel), who drops his first release via Throwing Snow's fresh imprint, Left_Blank. The Nylon Sunset EP is a four-track affair, boasting three forward-thinking jams and a remix of the title track by fellow Bristol basscase Peverelist. One of Vessel's original tracks is the angular "Ton," which we have for you here. The artist layers his finely crafted sounds with an ear that belies his short resume; a plethora of percussive elements skitter and fly from one ear to the other, synth and sample fragments work out sparse melodies, obscured field recordings fill in rhythmic gaps, and tastefully massive sub-bass tones swell underneath it all. We can only imagine what sounds the rest of Vessel's record will hold when it drops on May 23.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
XLR8R Downloads Player