Another artist in Bristol's fine crop of bass wranglers is producer Sebastian Gainsbrough (a.k.a. Vessel), who drops his first release via Throwing Snow's fresh imprint, Left_Blank. The Nylon Sunset EP is a four-track affair, boasting three forward-thinking jams and a remix of the title track by fellow Bristol basscase Peverelist. One of Vessel's original tracks is the angular "Ton," which we have for you here. The artist layers his finely crafted sounds with an ear that belies his short resume; a plethora of percussive elements skitter and fly from one ear to the other, synth and sample fragments work out sparse melodies, obscured field recordings fill in rhythmic gaps, and tastefully massive sub-bass tones swell underneath it all. We can only imagine what sounds the rest of Vessel's record will hold when it drops on May 23.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player