Blithe Field "Illuminating Moments"
Here's another track from the debut LP by 19-year-old tunesmith Blithe Field, a soft and summery production called "Illuminating Moments." Like the previously heard "Crushing" track, this cut employs both live instrumentation and washed-out electronic sounds to create its lighthearted, homespun mood. A few different guitar licks and a simple bassline more or less carry "Illuminating Moments," allowing Blithe Field to slip his tweaked vocal hooks and other samples into and out of the mix at will, without ever disrupting the flow. You can hear how the rest of the artist's Two Hearted album shapes up when it drops on June 28.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player