Blithe Field "Illuminating Moments"
Here's another track from the debut LP by 19-year-old tunesmith Blithe Field, a soft and summery production called "Illuminating Moments." Like the previously heard "Crushing" track, this cut employs both live instrumentation and washed-out electronic sounds to create its lighthearted, homespun mood. A few different guitar licks and a simple bassline more or less carry "Illuminating Moments," allowing Blithe Field to slip his tweaked vocal hooks and other samples into and out of the mix at will, without ever disrupting the flow. You can hear how the rest of the artist's Two Hearted album shapes up when it drops on June 28.
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- NewsMaya Jane Coles to Helm Next Fabric Mix Album
XLR8R Downloads Player