Brenmar "Let Me Know (Tasting) (5kinAndBone5 & Vin Sol Garage & Patio Remix)"
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
Anyone who checks out XLR8R with any sort of regularity has probably noticed at least a few of the approximately 234 posts we've done about Brenmar over the past couple of years. Admittedly, we love the Brooklyn-based, R&B-obsessed producer and his seemingly endless well of hooky tunes, but today's Brenmar-related shine should actually go to San Francisco producers Vin Sol and 5kinAndBone5 (pictured above). The duo has reworked the title track of Brenmar's freshly released EP on Grizzly. Smartly keeping the original's exceptionally catchy vocal intact, Vin Sol and 5kinAndBone5 have effectively paired it with an upfront garage rhythm, thick basslines, steppy snares, and a R&B feel that's surprisingly UK in flavor.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsFriends of Friends Details Fifth Anniversary Comp Featuring Shlohmo, Shigeto, Machinedrum, Nicolas Jaar, and More
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player