Brenmar "Let Me Know (Tasting) (5kinAndBone5 & Vin Sol Garage & Patio Remix)"
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
Anyone who checks out XLR8R with any sort of regularity has probably noticed at least a few of the approximately 234 posts we've done about Brenmar over the past couple of years. Admittedly, we love the Brooklyn-based, R&B-obsessed producer and his seemingly endless well of hooky tunes, but today's Brenmar-related shine should actually go to San Francisco producers Vin Sol and 5kinAndBone5 (pictured above). The duo has reworked the title track of Brenmar's freshly released EP on Grizzly. Smartly keeping the original's exceptionally catchy vocal intact, Vin Sol and 5kinAndBone5 have effectively paired it with an upfront garage rhythm, thick basslines, steppy snares, and a R&B feel that's surprisingly UK in flavor.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- Feature20 Questions - Garnier Talks Teenage Radio Shows, Living in the South of France, and Paying Way Too Much for The KLF
- NewsSBTRKT Announces 'Transitions' 12" Series; Stream All Six Tracks Now
- NewsCheck Out Voices from the Lake's Ambient Mix for Beats in Space
- 20 Questions - Garnier Talks Teenage Radio Shows, Living in the South of France, and Paying Way Too Much for The KLF
- Hi-Five - P. Morris Revisits His Roots and Lists His Five Favorite Go-Go Tracks
- A Generous Environment: Thoughts, Ideas, and Questions from patten
- Hi-Five - Kerri Chandler Lists the Five Tracks That Influenced Him the Most
XLR8R Downloads Player