Brenmar "Let Me Know (Tasting) (5kinAndBone5 & Vin Sol Garage & Patio Remix)"
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
Anyone who checks out XLR8R with any sort of regularity has probably noticed at least a few of the approximately 234 posts we've done about Brenmar over the past couple of years. Admittedly, we love the Brooklyn-based, R&B-obsessed producer and his seemingly endless well of hooky tunes, but today's Brenmar-related shine should actually go to San Francisco producers Vin Sol and 5kinAndBone5 (pictured above). The duo has reworked the title track of Brenmar's freshly released EP on Grizzly. Smartly keeping the original's exceptionally catchy vocal intact, Vin Sol and 5kinAndBone5 have effectively paired it with an upfront garage rhythm, thick basslines, steppy snares, and a R&B feel that's surprisingly UK in flavor.
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player