- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
Lexington, Kentucky might be known as "The Horse Capital of the World," but it's not exactly renowned as a hotbed for cutting-edge electronic music. As such, we're not exactly sure how Milyoo managed to hone his beatmaking chops, but the boy has undoubtedly got skills. His next release is the "Colors" b/w "Games" single (artwork above) on Subeena's Opit label, which is scheduled to come out on July 28. Ahead of that, he's elected to share "Lightbike," a lurching, hip-hop flavored composition stuffed with sonic oddities and microsamples. The track showcases an inventive mentality not unlike that shown by the artists of LA's beat scene, yet the song's head-nodding slaps hint toward an artist who has also spent plenty of time taking notes on some of commercial radio's best jams. It's a winning formula, and one that has us excited to see what else Milyoo has on tap in the months ahead.
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Mount Kimbie
- NewsListen to Huxley's Upcoming Debut LP, 'Blurred'
- FeatureLabels We Love: 10 More of Our Favorite Labels, Plus Some Newcomers Worth Watching
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
- October 20: MUTEK.MX with Andy Stott, The Bug, Roman Flügel, Objekt, Laurel Halo, Oneohtrix Point Never, and More
- November 5: Club to Club with Caribou, SBTRKT, Recondite, Marcel Dettmann, Clark, Vessel, Luke Vibert, Jacques Greene, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player