- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
Lexington, Kentucky might be known as "The Horse Capital of the World," but it's not exactly renowned as a hotbed for cutting-edge electronic music. As such, we're not exactly sure how Milyoo managed to hone his beatmaking chops, but the boy has undoubtedly got skills. His next release is the "Colors" b/w "Games" single (artwork above) on Subeena's Opit label, which is scheduled to come out on July 28. Ahead of that, he's elected to share "Lightbike," a lurching, hip-hop flavored composition stuffed with sonic oddities and microsamples. The track showcases an inventive mentality not unlike that shown by the artists of LA's beat scene, yet the song's head-nodding slaps hint toward an artist who has also spent plenty of time taking notes on some of commercial radio's best jams. It's a winning formula, and one that has us excited to see what else Milyoo has on tap in the months ahead.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player