Franz Kirmann "Little Baby Eyes"
- Words: Patric Fallon
London-based French artist Franz Kirmann will soon self-release a full-length album under his given name, called Random Access Memories. This lush production, "Little Baby Eyes," falls near the end of that LP's 11-song tracklist, and finds the producer hard at work crafting airy, poignant melodies and textural atmospheres to shroud his slow-bouncing rhythms. The music certainly has a chilled-out, Board of Canada vibe to it, but sounds a lot more like other artists inspired by the Scottish duo, such as Tycho or Ulrich Schnauss. You can hear how the rest of Kirmann's album stacks up when it drops on June 18.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player