Franz Kirmann "Little Baby Eyes"
- Words: Patric Fallon
London-based French artist Franz Kirmann will soon self-release a full-length album under his given name, called Random Access Memories. This lush production, "Little Baby Eyes," falls near the end of that LP's 11-song tracklist, and finds the producer hard at work crafting airy, poignant melodies and textural atmospheres to shroud his slow-bouncing rhythms. The music certainly has a chilled-out, Board of Canada vibe to it, but sounds a lot more like other artists inspired by the Scottish duo, such as Tycho or Ulrich Schnauss. You can hear how the rest of Kirmann's album stacks up when it drops on June 18.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsFriends of Friends Details Fifth Anniversary Comp Featuring Shlohmo, Shigeto, Machinedrum, Nicolas Jaar, and More
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player