Southern Shores "Night is Young"
The up-and-coming "experimental-pop" label known as Cascine has recently added a fresh band to its slowly growing roster, Nova Scotian duo Southern Shores. Producers Jamie Townsend's and Den Dalton's debut EP for the label is scheduled to drop on July 12, but before then, we're treated to the lush sounds of "Night is Young." The track firmly roots the band in musical territory among the likes of Delorean, Air France, and labelmate Chad Valley, as we hear Southern Shores mining the blissful sounds of Balearic dance music and soulful vocal samples to great effect. You can catch this upbeat tune amongst five other tastefully ecstatic dance-pop productions when the pair's Atlantic EP is released.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player