As a young co-founder of the Club Cheval crew, French DJ/producer Myd hasn't released that much material, but what he has released, we've liked. Last year, we shared with you his "Train to Bamako", a playful romp through an imagined African soundscape. Now he's back with the titular track from Octodip, his new EP on Marble. Sharing similarly playful atmospherics as his previous work, "Octodip" takes the rhythm of funky and melds it with a distinctly Gallic club sensibility, complete with pulsing compression, a "funky worm" synth line, and chopped-up vocals that wouldn't sound out of place coming from an ambulance. The Octodip EP is out now.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player