As a young co-founder of the Club Cheval crew, French DJ/producer Myd hasn't released that much material, but what he has released, we've liked. Last year, we shared with you his "Train to Bamako", a playful romp through an imagined African soundscape. Now he's back with the titular track from Octodip, his new EP on Marble. Sharing similarly playful atmospherics as his previous work, "Octodip" takes the rhythm of funky and melds it with a distinctly Gallic club sensibility, complete with pulsing compression, a "funky worm" synth line, and chopped-up vocals that wouldn't sound out of place coming from an ambulance. The Octodip EP is out now.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Untold, Tycho, Jam City, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player