Pictureplane "Post Physical"
Don't get us wrong. We're big fans of Denver's Travis Egedy and his fine work as Pictureplane. We're very excited for his new album, Thee Physical, which comes out on July 19. But the one-time emo fanboys on the XLR8R staff—who shall remain nameless, we have to maintain at least a few cool points here—can't get over how much the vocals on "Post Physical" sound like those of post-hardcore demigod Blair Shehan of Knapsack and The Jealous Sound. Are we alone here? Listen to this or this and tell us that we're crazy. Anyways, people that don't care about decade-old emo might want to know that Pictureplane originally gave away "Post Physical" yesterday as a free download through his SoundCloud. However, the free downloads ran out in about five minutes, so we've gone ahead and re-posted the track here for the masses. Now, everyone can enjoy its washy, rough-edged synths, jungle-referencing beat, catchy melodies, and late-'90s/early-'00s emo vocal stylings. We're kidding. Sort of.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player