Visionist "Rock The Flock"
We've been covering quite a bit coming from the Seclusiasis camp lately. Orbiting that label is Yokohama-based producer BD1982, who just last year started the Diskotopia label with fellow Seclusiasis affiliate and Japan resident Matt Lyne. Releasing material with a close kinship to Seclusiasis, Diskotopia has been rapidly making a name for itself in the realm of bass music. Take for example "Rock the Flock," the title track from the label's latest EP from recently signed London-based producer Visionist. Dancing diagonally across the hard grid of the TR-808's sequencer, "Rock The Flock" is a skittering and hypnotic bass-driven dancehall number that reaches for the future while remaining approachable in the present. The release is set to drop July 4 with remixes by Shy One, Lamin Fofana, and BD1982 himself; those of you hungry for more can check below the jump for the official video for another EP cut, "Survive."
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player