Shampoo Voyagers "On the Street"
- Words: Derek Opperman
Earlier this year, we mused on the ambiguous nature of the Russian musical landscape. That being said, it has undeniably been the case that more and more material has begun to make its way out of the country. Take "On the Street," the latest offering from Shampoo Voyagers, a duo comprised of Maxim Ananyev (a.k.a. Tree Bosier) and Nikita Moor (a.k.a. Nikola), respectively based in the extremely geographically divided locales of Moscow and Khabarovsk (over 5000 miles apart!). Creating a slick and jazzy downtempo flow, "On the Street" brings to mind the unlikely pairing of Dam-Funk and Cornelius as its blunted G-funk bassline meets sunny chord progressions and chime-like guitar tones. Download the track below and if you like it, check out the outfit's soundcloud for more similarly jazz-minded tunes.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player