Venice Calypso "Drifting"
UK bass imprint Senseless recently celebrated five years of dropping club-ready tunes from the likes of Warrior Queen, Pacheko, Jack Sparrow, and Kanji Kinetic, and continue with the festivities with impending release of a five-part, limited-edition music and art series called Synesthesia. The first installment comes on July 25, a three-track 12" with hand-screened artwork and an exclusive insert, not to mention fiery cuts from The Phantom, Rossi B & Luca, and, featured here, Venice Calypso. The London-based artist's "Drifting" kicks off that slab of vinyl, and is a prime example of the skittering, next-level club music you can expect from Senseless' forthcoming series, which is apparently all about the "marriage of art and music" and "the five senses." Look for the other four parts of this endeavor in the following nine months or so.
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- NewsListen to a New Mix from Lucrecia Dalt
XLR8R Downloads Player