Venice Calypso "Drifting"
UK bass imprint Senseless recently celebrated five years of dropping club-ready tunes from the likes of Warrior Queen, Pacheko, Jack Sparrow, and Kanji Kinetic, and continue with the festivities with impending release of a five-part, limited-edition music and art series called Synesthesia. The first installment comes on July 25, a three-track 12" with hand-screened artwork and an exclusive insert, not to mention fiery cuts from The Phantom, Rossi B & Luca, and, featured here, Venice Calypso. The London-based artist's "Drifting" kicks off that slab of vinyl, and is a prime example of the skittering, next-level club music you can expect from Senseless' forthcoming series, which is apparently all about the "marriage of art and music" and "the five senses." Look for the other four parts of this endeavor in the following nine months or so.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- NewsWarp Confirms Details of Upcoming Aphex Twin LP, Reveals Release Date
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player