Floating on a bed of warm, buzzing tones this track comes from Coppertone's forthcoming 7", Kill and Release, for the NNA Tapes imprint. Built on a steady beat and delicate synth-pop core, "Clandestiny" is a simple, intimate song hidden behind piles of slow-moving sonics and harmless noise. The calm, angelic vocal delivery of Coppertone mastermind Sasha Wiseman is perhaps the most clandestine aspect of the tune, with its lyrics blurred into the murky swirl so that one has to really concentrate to gather even a glimpse of the words. Four other offerings of similarly serene and, we're told, at times even intimidating soundscapes can be found on Kill and Release (artwork above) when it sees its release on August 29.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
XLR8R Downloads Player