Soft Metals "Eyes Closed"
Here, we have the premiere of another cut of glistening synth-pop from Portland duo Soft Metals' forthcoming self-titled LP. "Eyes Closed" follows about a month after we first heard "Psychic Driving," and exhibits Patricia Hall and Ian Hicks crafting a more upbeat, dancefloor-friendly tune compared to their dreamy first single. But that's not to say this one doesn't have a romantic side; Hall's soft, spacey vocal melodies never fail to wrap Soft Metals' icy sounds with a much-needed layer of human emotion. We look forward to hearing more of the same when Soft Metals is released on July 19 via Brooklyn's Captured Tracks.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- NewsWatch a Tripped-Out Video from Thug Entrancer
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Comp
- NewsCheck Out Anthony Parasole's All-Jeff Mills Mix for Beats in Space
- NewsStream Another New Track from Four Tet's Upcoming Percussions 12"s
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player