Steve Bug "Life in Circles"
At this point, the barrage of Japanese tsunami relief comps has become a bit overwhelming. That being said, we can't help but be excited by the release of Whatpeopleplay's Japanease compilation, which clocks in at 138 tracks and features original content from some of our favorite artists, including Nicolas Jaar, Aril Brikha, Tensnake, Wolf + Lamb, Tiefschwarz, and Steve Bug—who has offered up his contribution as a teaser for the whole project. A standout track of jackin' minimal vibes, Steve Bug's "Life in Circles" dances around a sparse beat of live instrumentation and LFO-ed out synth pads. Japanease is out now and currently available from Juno Download, zero", boomkat, and InnDigital, all of whom have offered to waive their usual profit margin for charity.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player