Steve Bug "Life in Circles"
At this point, the barrage of Japanese tsunami relief comps has become a bit overwhelming. That being said, we can't help but be excited by the release of Whatpeopleplay's Japanease compilation, which clocks in at 138 tracks and features original content from some of our favorite artists, including Nicolas Jaar, Aril Brikha, Tensnake, Wolf + Lamb, Tiefschwarz, and Steve Bug—who has offered up his contribution as a teaser for the whole project. A standout track of jackin' minimal vibes, Steve Bug's "Life in Circles" dances around a sparse beat of live instrumentation and LFO-ed out synth pads. Japanease is out now and currently available from Juno Download, zero", boomkat, and InnDigital, all of whom have offered to waive their usual profit margin for charity.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsFriends of Friends Details Fifth Anniversary Comp Featuring Shlohmo, Shigeto, Machinedrum, Nicolas Jaar, and More
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player