Paul Weller "Starlite (Deadboy Remix)"
It's an odd pairing to say the least: mysterious 2-step kid Deadboy (pictured above) remixing iconic British pop star Paul Weller. And yet the odd couple seems to blend together ideally, which likely speaks mostly to the deft skills of the producer behind this shimmering version of "Starlite." Amongst clattering dance rhythms and dark, bouncing basslines, Weller's smoky croon is jacked up into chipmunk territory, and laid amongst dubby piano hooks. Deadboy's remix is practically void of any discernible link to its original source, which could very well be the case for the rest of the tweaked versions of "Starlite" that will drop on August 7 via Island.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player