Baron Von Luxxury "Terry Richardson (Loose Shus Remix)"
The ex-SF, now LA-based producer/vocalist/blogger Baron Von Luxxury (formerly known simply as Luxxury, pictured above) has a new LP for Manimal Vinyl still a few months away from seeing its release in September, but fellow West Coaster Loose Shus has already turned in this remix for the album's track "Terry Richardson." Believe it or not, this version of the tune considerably tones down the disco-pop obsession of Von Luxxury's original, smoothing things out with some deliciously retro synths and classic drum machine work. Sure, the vocals still have quite a bit of cheese to their credit, but Von Luxxury's whole MO is to find the "fine line dividing what is cool from what is deeply embarrassing," and Loose Shus seems content to continue this flirtatious experiment within the ever-changing "guilty pleasure" realm set off by his Los Angeles counterpart.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsHear a New Remix from Joy Orbison
- NewsSBTRKT Releases Interactive Video for "Look Away"
- NewsStream a Track from Locked Groove's Upcoming EP
- GearArtist Tips: Addison Groove Shares Five of His Production Secrets
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player