Baron Von Luxxury "Terry Richardson (Loose Shus Remix)"
The ex-SF, now LA-based producer/vocalist/blogger Baron Von Luxxury (formerly known simply as Luxxury, pictured above) has a new LP for Manimal Vinyl still a few months away from seeing its release in September, but fellow West Coaster Loose Shus has already turned in this remix for the album's track "Terry Richardson." Believe it or not, this version of the tune considerably tones down the disco-pop obsession of Von Luxxury's original, smoothing things out with some deliciously retro synths and classic drum machine work. Sure, the vocals still have quite a bit of cheese to their credit, but Von Luxxury's whole MO is to find the "fine line dividing what is cool from what is deeply embarrassing," and Loose Shus seems content to continue this flirtatious experiment within the ever-changing "guilty pleasure" realm set off by his Los Angeles counterpart.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- NewsXosar Preps New EP for Valcrond Video
- NewsLivity Sound Preps Remix Compilation Featuring Surgeon, Pangaea, and More
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player