Pallers "Come Rain, Come Sunshine (Youandewan Dub)"
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
It's been awhile since we've heard from Leeds producer Youandewan (pictured above, sort of), so we're happy to see that his beatmaking skills have remained intact on this remix of Swedish duo Pallers. The original version of "Come Rain, Come Sunshine"—out now on the Labrador label—is rather straight-ahead synth-pop, but Youandewan has crafted something quite different. One could say that he's Burial-ized the track, stripping out most of the original melodies and percussion and chopping the vocals into tiny, almost unrecognizable pieces. He then pairs those elements with clacking 2-step percussion and builds a new tune that's still melodic and light, albeit more suited for looking out the window on a rainy day.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player