The Two.Fifteens "Extra Cheese Slapp"
- Words: Patric Fallon
This is our first time hearing LA production duo The Two.Fifteens, but for a couple of anonymous newcomers with a small number of self-released tunes, they seem to have their identity figured out. We were sent "Extra Cheese Slapp" with the dubious description "what Burial would sound like if he was from South Central," which—even though we don't see the need to drop the B-word—is apt enough. Eerie melodic elements and distant sound effects interplay with a trunk-rattling bassline and slow-bouncing hip-hop beats for a track that certainly begs a repeat or two. You can grab more of the pair's nasty tracks for free, here.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player