Gwen Stefani "Luxurious (Lapalux's Bootleg Remix)"
- Words: Patric Fallon
- Photo: Alice Peperell
We're pretty sure Gwen Stefani is just about at the top of our list of names we never expected to see on XLR8R (right next to, like, Skrillex), but leave it to UK beat experimentalist Lapalux (pictured above) to change all that—for the better, might we add. The Pictures Music cohort and man behind the wonderfully screwed R&B of Many Faces Out of Focus shared this soulful bootleg of a remix for the pop diva's 2004 single "Luxurious" just the other day, effectively giving Stefani a valid and good-sounding reason to land in our music feed. We expect she's elated.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player