Somewhere amongst the Hype Williamses, the Laurel Halos, and the D'Eons of the esoteric, lo-fi beat-pop realm is a guy from LA named Ian Evans, making strange, boogie-flavored instrumentals with an ear for spacey atmospheres under the moniker Napolian. From Evans' recently released split-LP with Texan producer Computer Dreams, aptly titled Napolian/Computer Dreams (pictured above), "Olympia" is a two-parter with its first half boasting a soulfully anthemic-yet-understated sound, and the second sort of flying off the deep end into Casio-SK-1 land. Check out the rest of this interesting record here.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- NewsWatch Holly Herndon's Video for New Single, "Home"
- NewsSBTRKT Releases Interactive Video for "Look Away"
- NewsHear a New Remix from Joy Orbison
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player