Brighton's Mark Dobson is Ambassadeurs, a moniker with which he explores the possibilities of neon-soaked, soundsystem-specific music production. "Rössler," from Dobson's forthcoming Come a Little Closer EP, exhibits the artist's strong points within that medium, as lazer-tinged bass tones, skittering hip-hop beats, 8-bit synth noises, steel-drum melodies, and flurries of sliced-and-diced samples interplay within the track's syrupy groove. Look for the rest of this business when it's available on October 10 via Jalapeño Records.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player