Brighton's Mark Dobson is Ambassadeurs, a moniker with which he explores the possibilities of neon-soaked, soundsystem-specific music production. "Rössler," from Dobson's forthcoming Come a Little Closer EP, exhibits the artist's strong points within that medium, as lazer-tinged bass tones, skittering hip-hop beats, 8-bit synth noises, steel-drum melodies, and flurries of sliced-and-diced samples interplay within the track's syrupy groove. Look for the rest of this business when it's available on October 10 via Jalapeño Records.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player